Saturday, August 16, 2014

Meditation: All Is Well


Meditation for living in the present moment


Today's Meditation

As I walked out this morning to feed the animals, just as the sun was beginning to show, I heard a hummingbird from the red bottle brush blooms.  Off in the distance, a mocking jay trilled.

To push out the negative thoughts so entrenched in my mind, I focused on the symphony and light show life was offering me.

The Humming Bird hums to me;
The Song Bird sings to me;
The Sun Beam shines on me;
All is well.

Sometimes a meditation is just being aware of the present moment and all the gifts it contains.  That's why they call it "the present":  The present is the only thing that is;  the past is in memory; the future is a dream. Only the present is real. So, I focus on the present and feel gratitude for all that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment